Thursday, June 25, 2009

First experience is always special

First experiences - First time when you went to school, rode a bicycle, then a bike, first day of college, the new job you joined are always special. It is always the experience of the first time stays in your memory for long. I travelled in flight for the first time this week. It is sure a memorable experience.

I had to go to Delhi to organise a training program. I took a private airline flight that took off from Chennai at 7.30 AM. I reached the airport 2 hours earlier as I wanted to be as early as possible as it is the first time. Luckily I never found any difficulty. The baggage Check in and the security check are over in 15 minutes and I had to wait for more than 1.5 hours t0 board the flight. I was bit thrilled when I entered the flight. I would have loved to get a window seat but I did not get. I got the third seat in the row. The flight was safe and I enjoyed it. The sensation I got while taking off and landing was thrilling. The sandwich they served for breakfast was 'WOW'. The fair and slim air hostess' dressed in red always had a smile in their face. I felt that the smile did not look genuine

My return flight from Delhi was Air India flight and I got a window seat this time. The flight took off at 8pm and I really did not have any use with the window seat. I could see the busy delhi with all its lights from the sky. When we are about to land at Chennai, the flight flew over the sea ad took a 180 degree turn to enter into the City. I could spot a lot of ships, the beach road, LIC building and finally the Kathipara Bridge that looked amazing from above. Unlike the all female air hostess in the private airlines, here there were 3 male and 1 female hosts in the flight. They hardly smiled but polite. I would say I prefer Air India flight from now on. They provided free meals and juice bottles for the same flight fare like the private airlines, where except water every thing is paid service.



I am back in Chennai.

No comments:

Post a Comment